England & Wales International Student Cancellation Policy in relation to Travel Restrictions
Book before 25 August 2021 for the 2021/2022 academic year and, if you are not ordinarily resident in the UK and you are unable to travel to the UK due to Government imposed restrictions, you may cancel your booking without charge, subject to the following terms and conditions.
- you are not ordinarily resident in the UK;
- you have booked or book a tenancy of accommodation at a TSHC property for the 2021/2022 academic year;
- your booking was or is made directly with TSHC or via an agent (and not through a university or higher education institution), prior to 25 August 2021; and
- you are prevented from travelling to the UK within the period of 7 days, either before or after the start date of your 2021/22 tenancy due to travel restrictions imposed by the UK Government or the Government of Wales or by the Government of the country in which you are ordinarily resident.
then, subject to you:
- notifying TSHC by e-mailing the residence team at the property by no later than 5.00 pm BST on 25 August 2021 that you wish to cancel your booking; and
- providing evidence (with the above referred to e-mail), to the reasonable satisfaction of TSHC of the travel restrictions preventing from you travelling to the UK
you may cancel your booking without charge or liability and TSHC will refund to you any advance payment made in respect of your booking.
These terms and conditions apply in addition to TSHC’s standard cancellation policy for the 2021/2022 academic year, as set out on the TSHC website. In the event of there being any inconsistency between these terms and conditions and TSHC’s standard cancellation policy, these terms and conditions shall prevail. For the avoidance of doubt, after 5.00 pm BST on 25 August 2021, only TSHC’s standard cancellation policy as set out on TSHC website will apply.
For the avoidance of doubt, subject as set out above, these terms and conditions only apply to booking made for the 2021/2022 academic year.
TSHC reserves the right to amend or suspend these terms and conditions at any time, provided that students meeting the criteria set out in paragraphs (i) to (iv) above inclusive who have booked prior to the amendment or suspension of these terms and conditions will continue to benefit from the terms and conditions set out above.
Click here to read our cancellation policy England & Wales 2021-22 and Scotland 2021-22