COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions
We know how you might be feeling as you’re preparing to move into your new home and we want to let you know that here at Yugo we’re here to support you every step along the way, and health and safety is at the top of our list! We want you to have confidence in the space you’re living in, and nothing is more important than keeping you safe during these times, while always delivering the ultimate student living experience!
Confidence In Where You Live
All our spaces have an amazing operations and maintenance team (our Yugoers) who keep our buildings clean, hygienic and well maintained. If things break or go wrong, we’ll fix them ASAP to get you back on track. These are the new health and safety practices we’ve introduced during COVID to keep you safe:
- All common spaces will be cleaned routinely and thoroughly.
- All areas frequently used, such as elevators and corridors, will be regularly cleaned and inspected.
- Common spaces will have hand sanitizer stations installed which we encourage you to use.
- Social distancing measures are in place throughout our buildings.
- Our Yugoers all wear the relevant Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as mandated by local regulations.
- All our rooms have been cleaned in line with relevant guidance and protocols.
Our 24/7 teams continue to provide their amazing high standard of service, while keeping your health and safety as a top priority. In addition to the usual CCTV, secure access and life safety systems you would expect to find in our buildings, we also put in place:
- Minimal contact check in processes to safely manage your arrival.
- Social distancing and protective measures to keep both students and our Yugoers safe.
- On site gyms are managed to ensure there’s enough space for your workout.
- All staff wear the suggested PPE when interacting with students outside of reception.
Help is at Hand
We all need a helping hand sometimes which is why we’re here to support you every step of the way:
- 24/7 assistance, so there is always someone on hand to help.
- Our onsite Yugoers are available on site to offer help, advice, and a friendly chat.
Being part of a connected community is a key part of university life, and while we are all adhering to social distancing guidelines, human interaction, community spirit, and a feeling of togetherness have never been so important. At Yugo you can continue to feel connected to your friends and loved ones:
- Throughout our spaces we offer high-speed internet, which is perfect for online lectures, streaming movies, catching up with family and friends, and connecting to your favorite virtual event.
- Our YuGrow program of events keeps you connected to your fellow students.
- Our common areas serve as spaces for you to interact (at a safe distance), so no fear of missing out.
The New Normal
We all have an important part to play to prevent the spread of COVID-19. When you arrive at your space, you’ll notice that we have made some changes to help keep everyone safe. We’ve outlined a few of these changes below and you’ll receive some more information about specific changes in your space closer to when you arrive.
Our wonderful teams will still be available to support you throughout your stay, however you will notice we’ve made a few changes to reception areas in some of our spaces. Social distancing signage and furniture arrangements as well as sanitizing stations have been installed for your protection.
Moving Around the Building
To ensure we’re adhering to social distancing in all of our residences, we will provide signage to direct you and in some spaces, you may be required to walk through a ‘one way system’ when moving around the building.
Living in a New City
We know that many of you will be travelling to a different city (or perhaps a different country) when you come to live with us. There are a lot of new government guidelines in place that vary from country to country and in some places are different by city and/or state. Look for local government guidelines to find out how COVID-19 is affecting your new city. The guidelines will cover information about local grocery stores, how you can visit friends as well as travelling on public transport.
Playing Your Part
You can help to make sure you and your fellow students stay safe by following these guidelines.
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds with soap and water regularly throughout the day. Use hand sanitizer if soap is not available.
- Maintain social distancing (check local government guidelines for the latest advice) and avoid large gatherings.
- Use a mask to cover your face in public where appropriate; this is mandatory in some places so it’s a good idea to make sure you have a mask when you arrive.
- If you are at high risk of contracting COVID-19, make sure you follow local government guidelines.
- Follow local government advice if you begin showing any symptoms of COVID-19 (e.g., fever, continuous cough, or loss of smell/taste).
Where possible, our common areas such as amenity rooms, study rooms, laundry rooms, etc., will be open for you to use. However, there may be restrictions on how many students can use the spaces at one time. We will be cleaning these spaces regularly and asking students to wear PPE (where appropriate) and adhere to local social distancing measures.